3.07.2011

seeing rouge

Camel, lilac, rose and black have been my go-to colors since I can remember. I have a few pops of fuchsia or electric blue in my closet, but the neutrals have definitely dominated for quite some time (both because I love them and because they have been in the stores for the past few seasons). I'm not going to abandon my girlie hues anytime soon, but for spring I have been itching to wear one color that is totally out of my element: red.

Bright, cheerful, attention-grabbing lipstick red. See I have never reallyyyy liked red because it was my high school color, and then my sorority color so with all the mandatory t-shits, sweat pants and swim suits in red I just never really felt the need to wear it any other time. Until this season.

It started when I saw a girl wearing red tights in the park. And it really blew up when I went into Zara today (where, btw I wish I could buy the entire store) and bought a little red mini. Then I got an orange-red t-shit. Tomorrow I'm planning on searching for red tights. I think this may become a bit of an obsession, oops.


just a few outfits from Zara's March lookbook


Lanvin SS11. Tommy Ton's blog, JAK&JILL, has shown red in almost every other one of his photographs, whether it was on the runway or a street style shot



ADR wearing allllll sorts of color from Jill Saunder. God do I love this woman.
These red skinnies are just for Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment